Skip to main content

Second First: First day of School!


Well, the day finally came. It felt like we waited a long time, but the day arrived quickly nonetheless. The first day of school! Maybe it seemed to come so soon since the kids start school when they are 2 1/2 or 3 now. Guess there's more to learn than when I was a kid, LOL.


It was more stressful than I thought to select a school. We visited a few local(ish) schools and finally settled on Holy Cross Lutheran Early Learning Center. It's only 15 minutes away, which is pretty close for where we live. We liked this preschool mainly because of the small size of the classes. And when we took Jack for a tour he seemed the most comfortable. So I guess in the end the choice was pretty simple - I just over worry about things most of the time. So he goes Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 - 12:00. It's an adjustment for all of us, but so far so good.


Ready to Leave
 That was Jack all ready to go on the first day. Eventually he'll grow into that backpack. But they are supposed to bring a whole change of clothes (including shoes) so I'm glad it was so large.

I was so impressed with Jack when we got there he was not one of the screaming crying kids. In fact, I don't even think he noticed me once the teacher said he could explore and play with any of the toys that were out. It was harder for me to leave than for him to stay. Ha!

Making Himself at Home
 Logan was with Grandma and Grandpa because I had some administrative stuff to do at the front desk, so I ended up going grocery shopping by myself while I waited (he only had a half day that morning). It was the strangest thing to to go the store alone, for maybe the first time in two or three years. I hardly knew what to do with myself. So I bought stuff. How girly of me!

When I got back to pick Jack up he was playing in the playground and had already made his first craft: Fruit Loop Necklace. Which I wore the rest of the afternoon. He was already playing "next to" other little boys so that calmed my worry that he would have trouble making friends. Well I wasn't worried so much as it's his first time around a lot of kids and I didn't know how he would take it - that's a lot of stimulation all at once.

The teacher seemed to really like him, and told me, "Jack is very independent," which my mom said was a good thing. I try to translate what they tell me by asking other teachers like Scott's mom and my mom.

Already a Gift for Mommy!
Here's to many many more years of fun and cultivating a love for learning.

Until Next Time...

Comments

  1. It is also a compliment to you that Jack wasn't one of the screaming, crying kids. That is because he has the confidence that he can depend on you. I think you're a natural when it comes to this Mommy stuff. It will be a growing year for all of you. HAVE FUN,JACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that's very nice of you to say! I think we will all have a great year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping up with our family! I love to keep in touch with all of you via these comments! :)

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July and Other Buzz News

Greetings to all! I have finally had time to upload some more photos for Flickr and the blog and can keep you up to date on the Buzz around our water cooler, so to speak. :-) We've had a busy 2 months! Nonie and Papa Sudar came to visit for a few weeks at the end of June and through the 4th of July. We all had a good time. We spent a few days down in Walsenburg with most of the Tressells which Jack really enjoyed. And we really enjoyed the small break from constantly watching Jack! Thanks everyone!! Catch Papa! Bubbles in Walsenburg Cousins Making Cookies! Since we've been back we have been working on getting all the stuff in our garage either back into the basement, into the trash, or ready for donation. Our goal is simple: both cars inside by winter. Hopefully we can make it happen! So far things are going pretty well with Baby Buzz. We went to the doctor's last week for an ultrasound because I was measuring small (just like last time). This time I guess Buzz is a li...

New Ride!

Well, it's no Mustang, but it is black! What we got was a 2009 Pontiac Vibe. At any rate, we both like it. It was a reasonable price for a smaller sized family-with-lots-of-stuff car. It served the purpose of "ease of child seat access" and "can load many groceries plus a dog" into the back.  (You should have seen us try to get the rocking chair into the Mustang.)  It also serves the gas economy purpose (31/28 advertised) and was not a big SUV, or a minivan. I have never been fond of driving huge cars or trucks! It looks like a five door hatchback to us, but I guess it is technically listed as a "wagon." Some things go full circle, eh Mom?  Maybe a bit cooler than the Corona Wagon we drove in Texas, or whatever it was called.  Sorry the photo isn't super great, it's raining and cold so I pretty much didn't want to go out of the garage.  There are some more photos on our Flickr account (see link to right "other photos...")   It act...

I'm Gonna Have To Get a Female Cat. . .

Today was our 20 week ultrasound and appointment! Everything is going really well. Baby looks to be about 9 oz in weight and has a good heartbeat of about 132 bpm. But enough stalling! It appears I remain outnumbered in our home now - 3 boys to 1 girl (5:1 if you count our feline friends!). That's right folks, another boy! How many of you were right??? We were able to get a nice "up from the bottom" shot that confirmed the gender. We also took a nice shot of his foot, and his profile. Actually, I think I was in there for 45 minutes and she took about 50 shots of various organs and body parts. We got the two thumb's up from the doctor that he's looking great. I also got some medicine to try if my nausea continues to be a burden. Yes, just today I was feeling sick again. *sigh* Just for comparison I looked up some of the posts from this time with Jack: Nov 2008 Some things are the same: I still can't eat fruit without feeling sick, and I'm dropping thing...